Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sure Start


I have had a few queries from residents about SureStarts future, so I thought I best put my reply in writing on the Blog.
I think SureStart is a fantastic thing. It is there for the Community in the Community . I have seen first hand some of the inspiration and enthusiasm of those who work there. The real value to the children may not be seen for a while, but as the children grow up the good ground work that was done will pay off.
I believe many parents have also had their lives altered by SureStart. They can see they are not alone, there are people who are always willing to help.
As you can see I am a real advocate of SureStart as is Matt. So I pleased that at the last Council meeting it was agreed the funding will continue for the forth coming year. This was stated in the press but some people must have missed it.
I hope this puts people in Princes Park minds at rest.
SURESTART is safe .
posted by Pat

No comments: