Sunday, September 30, 2007

SAVE CAPSTONE VALLEY


SAVE CAPSTONE VALLEY CAMPAIGN

I, like many others, this weekend have been out delivering ‘ballot papers’ to the residents in Chatham. I have been covering Princes Park. Yes yet again I have been playing at being a mountain goat. I am either getting older or those hills are getting steeper.

The reason for the referendum is to highlight the campaign to save Capstone Valley. When the papers come through your door please take a few minutes to read it. Your Conservative Council are opposing the development and have pledged not to sell any land they own for housing. The problem is Medway Magna Group are taking it to appeal with the Planning Inspectors who have the power to overturn any Council decision

It looks as if we will be getting plenty of support. On Saturday a charming couple from Chegwell Drive stopped me. They had just been into the village to put their ballot paper in. It had only been delivered to their house about half an hour earlier.
I have also had a nice young lady come to my house and ask if she could help.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the shops that are holding the ballot boxes. They do take up a lot of their valuable space but they have all found a prominent place for them. This is really appreciated and I hope it brings it lots of people to shop in their stores.
posted by Pat

No comments: