Sunday, November 04, 2007

Capstone Valley Referendum







Capstone Valley Referendum
.
I thought you would like to see a few photos of the count. It was held yesterday in Lordswood Leisure Centre.
The results were fantastic!
This should show Medway Magna that the people of Medway have made a enough. WE DO NOT WANT CAPSTONE VALLEY DESTROYED. The results will be published in the local paper this week. Like the idiot, I am, I forgot to get the exact number. I know it was over 3000 to approx. 20.
I would like to say a special thank you to all the shops and businesses that held the ballot boxes. They were quite large and they must have got in the way sometimes. However, no one complained and all the shopkeepers and business people were so supportive. Of course I have to add a special thank you to Barry at the local post office in Princes Park. It was the only ballot box in Princes Park and he was kept quite busy. He even had to repair the box when a child sat on it.
Over 400 ballot papers were in his box, this is marvellous. I had 50+ either posted to me or popped through my letterbox.
.
posted by Pat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracey Crouch has written about this on her blog, and given the full (exact) results.

There were 3176 votes in support of saving Capstone Valley, 21 votes against and 31 void votes.

It is undeed a fantastic result. Medway Magna (and indeed the Government) must surely take note of such a substantial opposition.