Friday, April 03, 2009

Litter



Brian,Safety Community officer, and I went out yesterday doing a few hours of litter picking. There is no photo this time as we did lots of small areas instead of one big area. We still managed to fill five large sacks of rubbish. Most of the areas did not need to be in the state they were. I am sorry to say we seem to have grown into and very dirty nation. What I do not understand is people look after their homes beautifully but leave litter in their gardens. I know they may not have dropped it but if everyone just picked up the rubbish in front of their own house we would live in a much nicer environment.

I know we have many residents in Princes Park who do their very best and I salute them. But can someone tell me how to get through to those who think it is perfectly alright to just drop litter where ever they think. Driving along Herons Way I saw a family walking along. It was dad who just chucked a crisp packet onto the verge. I just wonder how the children are going to grow up. It is not a very good role model. On another day I noticed in Illustrious and pile of cigarette ends. A mum while waiting to pick her child up from Maudene school had just emptied her ashtray. Very nice I don't think. How would she like us to dump stuff outside her house. So PLEASE help even if it is in a small way by taking your litter home

As I wrote before if there is anyone out there who would like to help please get in contact.

posted by Pat

No comments: