Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Police Team


Now the election is over it is time to try and get the blog up to date. The photo is of our two new Neighbourhood Police team. We now have PC Mathew Booth and PCSO Susan Kemsly. Many of you may have already met them. Those who have will I am sure feel we are in safe hands.
Pc Dave Saunders is still in Medway, but I believe he is now with a special task group. So we may still bump into him. Pcso Jess Read is now in the police force, well now in training. I know all who knew her will wish her all the best. I am sure she will make a great PC. Nic Simmonds is still a PCSO but has been moved to another job. Nic was not with us for long but she was sadly missed when she went as she made a big impact on all who met her in Princes Park.
We have also had some other changes to our small community. The vicar, at Christ the King, Keith Foot retired and has moved away to Tunbridge Wells. He was given a really lovely send off. We all wish him and Jenny and long and happy retirement.
That is not the end of it. Mrs Priest, the very popular head at Kingfisher school, has also decided she is going to retire. She does not go until January but she will be a hard act to follow.
Posted by Pat

1 comment:

John M Ward said...

Thanks for the update.

Nic was with us in Rochester South & Horsted for a while, and I met her a couple of times when attending their surgeries. I understand entirely what you mean about missing her...

They do tend to get moved around rather a lot, so it is difficult to build up a true rapport, and for them to really get to know an area before being moved elsewhere.

I shall also miss Keith Foot, whom I met during my stint at the Council.

We all move on eventually, but some sooner than others!