Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ball Park Update



I might look a bit windblown, but it was lovely to go up on the bank to see the progress with the ballpark. For so long Matt and I thought it was just a dream that we could possible get a ballpark for Princes Park. The proof is now there.
While we were up there we meet two nice young boys. They really could not wait for it to be finished. As they said to us if they play ball in the street, the only flat area to play, they get told off.
Everyone complains that children are getting fat. I know that is not very PC, but facts are facts, that is what people mean. It can only be expected if they are shut indoors all day as there is no where safe to play.
I am old enough to remember playing in the street because there were very few cars. Now its not possible. We used to play rounders and football against the dads. I hope when the ball park is finished we see a few dads up there challenging the kids.
posted by Pat

No comments: