Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Litter



I have just come back from a couple of weeks holiday ( this was last years summer holiday that had to be cancelled). So I thought I would have a stroll around Princes Park and take some nice spring photos to cheer the blog up. What did I find LITTER.
Matt and I are trying to organise a clean up in the area but we do need help. It seems as fast as we manage to clear an area it gets messed up again. It is unsightly unhealthy and costly. So please PLEASE pick up your litter and teach the children to have pride in their community.
Posted by Pat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another comment from me to say that the ongoing problem at the alleyway to the greenacre school is far more important and overdue a clear up for not litter that needs a clear up but BRICKS, STONES, BRANCHES AND CEMENT,that is being thrown at our houses and that nearly smashed my newborn son on the head-- IS NO-ONE WORRIED ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a concern when someone dies and that is too late, another pointless operation to clear up crisp packets, fish & chip wrappers all that look unslightly but would not hurt a fly-- CAN WE GET OUR PRIORITIES RIGHT- we pay enough council tax for this and when councillors want us to vote they will all be concerned for a few weeks! We need this acted on now before its too late.

Princes Park Conservatives said...

Thank you for your comments anon.
Can you please contact myself or Cllr Pat Gulvin and tell me what part of the alleyway you live near.
The warden has been informed of the problems and has visited the 'known' problem areas. He will be arranging Veolia (cleaning contractors) to come out very shortly to clear up the alleyway in question.
Cllr Matt Bright.