Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Yet Even More Barriers




As you can see Matt and I have been listening to you. I know we have not managed to do everything people ask for but we are slowly getting there. These are another set of barriers that residents ask for to combat the bike problem on footpaths.
These barriers are on the footpath that runs from Swallow Rise and goes along the bank over looking Morison’s. I must admit I was just as worried about the riders as I was the pedestrian. I thought if a bike is speeding along there and suddenly had to swerve to get out of the way of a child they could end up a crumpled heap in the car park below. They may be a menace but I do not want to see anyone hurt. I think with a lot of the riders the problem is they just do not think.
We will probably have to put a third barrier up at the beginning of the footpath and I would appreciate your comments on this. Also is it working?
posted by Pat

No comments: