Thursday, March 12, 2009

LITTER





Brian Mooney (Safety Community Officer) and I went litter picking this morning. We can see the difference, but there is still more to do. Brian and I have arranged to meet up once every three weeks to do this. What I am asking is for people to come and help. If we can do five large bags just imagine how much we could do with a little bit of help. So if you can spare a little time please get in contact. We will even let you choose where we go.
If you cannot make the date we have arranged I am willing to go out with a group on another day. So PLEASE help me to get Princes Park up to the standard we would like.
Posted by Pat

1 comment:

John M Ward said...

This is a useful post, and I know just how aware you good people are of this issue and the effort you put in to ensure that this and other aspects of Princes park are kept to a good standard.

You might be interested in what we are doing all but next door to your "patch", as part of our own efforts in tackling litter in my ward.

This is in addition to quarterly area clean-ups with numerous volunteers (including me, natch) and in no way supplants what the council and its contractors do. This is a "free bonus" to our residents, just as yours is.

Well done to you for this!