Monday, February 12, 2007

A Good Debate

I had a really nice reply to my comments on subsidizing theatre tickets. Anonymous did not agree with me at all. That is what I like a lively but friendly disagreement. It what makes things happen.

Mind you 'anon' I think you may have scored an own goal. The tax paying public may not directly subsidies your football ticket, but they do indirectly. I don't think there is a club in England that could survive on their ticket sales. Which means they are subsidized by sponsors. This means that good old Joe Public will one way or another pick up the bill. Of course some of it will come from your TV licence.

By the way 'anon' I love sport and the more money put that way the happier I would be. But that is another issue and I don't think you would want me to get on my soap box just yet.
posted by Pat

No comments: