Saturday, October 13, 2007

Maundene School


PARKING!



Yesterday the local warden, Brian Mooney, asked me if I would like to pop along to Maundene school at around 3 o’clock. I was told that the PCSO had been there a few days monitoring the parking outside the school. They knew that I had been very concerned about it. Some one did tell me I should not get involved, as the people illegally parking were voters. As I said I would rather lose their vote in the next election than lose a child because of their thoughtlessness. I really think that most of it is that people do not think. They are in a hurry to pick their child up and do not think of the danger to other children they are causing.

What did upset me was to hear that the day before the young PCSO was sworn at. He is really concerned about the safety of the children at the school and did not deserve that kind of abuse! The PSCO and the warden have said that they would give up their own time to help get the walking bus going. Morrisons have said they were more than happy for parents to park in their car park. But no one seems to be taking them up on the idea.

After the children had left the PCSO Peter Rose and the warden cut back the bushes around the signs in Swallow Rise. That way people can see what the restrictions are.
They said they had both had problems themselves in other areas where they have not been able to see signs correctly.
Posted by Pat

No comments: