Friday, June 15, 2007


Litter Pick


While I have my husband slaving over a hot stove, cooking my dinner, I thought I would keep you up to date with what I have been doing. That’s of course if my cat will stop walking over the keyboard.

Matt and I had a very interesting talk with our local policeman, but I know Matt is going write a full report for you on that so I will tell you about my litter pick. It has actually been quite a saga that started while the election was on. Residents in Emily Road were complaining about the amount of litter in their road. There was one really bad area. I mentioned it to the council and thought no more of it. Then I noticed every time I had to go up there, there was no change. So when I was elected I phoned up to ask for it to be cleaned up. I then walked through Emily Road with a resident who had a problem and noticed that the litter was still bad. After being in contact with the local Warden I found out that as it was on private land they were not allowed to touch it. I must admit I was annoyed with myself as I did not realise this, but I am learning fast.

The Warden said he had been trying for a while to find who was responsible but to no avail. Well I can be a bit stubborn and I had promised to get it cleaned up and cleaned up it was going to be. So with my poor long suffering husband we went up and cleaned out four bags of rubbish. While we were there we met one resident who agreed to make sure the area stayed that way. This I think is the way forward. We have to work together to make Princes Park really our garden suburb where everyone wants to live. If you think seriously we are not that far from the ideal. There are only a few bad areas and if we work together we can achieve it. You let me know where the problem is if the council’s hands are tied we will (with your help) have a good go.

The next problem is graffiti. We are starting with that this weekend. The councils new Graffiti Busters will be up and running soon. In the meantime we will try to clear some areas. It may not be a lot but it is a start.
Posted by Pat

No comments: