Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Walk In The Park

A Walk In The Park

Yesterday I went for a walk round parts of Princes Park. The idea was to see for myself some of the problems raised and try to anticipate areas that may have problems later. I did think I would cover a lot larger area than I did. We seem to have enough alleyways around here to cover the whole of the Tour de France. I must admit it was very enjoyable I did see some problems but I also met some really charming people. There was a very nice taxi driver who was looking after his tomatoes, another gentleman out walking his dogs. It is all right I did talk to the ladies as well. There was one young lady who was worried about the drug problem that is no joking matter and I have plans in the next few days to discuss this with the relevant authorities.

Now what I would like is for you to let Matt and I know of the problems in the area. I promise I will still carry on doing my perambulation but I may not notice everything that is amiss. It is better a problem is raised a dozen times than not raised at all. When I arrived home I did ring the council with the problems I had noticed and a few were already in hand.

Now on a slightly lighter note. One thing I did notice walking around was the beautiful gardens. One thing I know is the conditions around here are far from perfect. You are very lucky if you can find a flat piece of land, let alone any decent soil. The creativity of some gardens had to be seen to be believed. I heard mentioned once that Princes Park was a ‘garden suburb’. Walking around I can believe it.

So if you see this old lady walking around, with a notebook in her hand, please say hello.
posted by Pat

No comments: